What We Do!
Logistics, Sampling and Field Chemistry
Report a Problem
Contact information for environmental emergencies in Kentucky is found here.
Here are some additional links that have useful information about the watershed:
- American Rivers A national organization dedicated to protecting wild rivers, restoring damaged rivers and conserving clean water.
- Center for Excellence in Watershed Management – The U. S. Environmental Protection Agency has designated the Kentucky Water Resources Research Institute at the University of Kentucky (UK) as a Center of Excellence for Watershed Management. The Center provides technical expertise to a variety of stakeholders to advance watershed planning and management.
- Cumberland River Compact Nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the water quality of the Cumberland River and its tributaries through education and by promoting cooperation among citizens, businesses, and agencies in Kentucky and Tennessee.
- Kentucky Waterways Alliance– Nonprofit organization.
- Clear Fork Watershed Council – Nonprofit organization.
- East KY PRIDE
- KY Energy and Environment Cabinet. Links to KY environmental and natural resource agencies including Divisions of Water, Waste, Air, Forestry, Surface Mining, Abandoned Mine Lands, Conservation, and others.
- Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC) – State of Tennessee environmental resource agency.
- KY Fish and Wildlife Resources – KY Fish and Wildlife.
- USGS Real Time Water Data for KY Stream gauge info for KY.
- US Army Corp of Engineers Nashville District. Includes current river and stream gauge data.
- Kentucky Geological Survey Info on groundwater resources in KY.
- Info about your Lamotte sample kits– Link to info about field chemistry kits.
- EPA Volunteer monitoring info– EPA resource for volunteer monitoring.
- EPA Watershed Central – Watershed resources for watershed entities.
- EPA Water Quality Criteria for Bacteria – Link to document explaining the process of determining the fecal pathogen criteria for fresh and marine waters.
- Woodland Community Trust – Nonprofit organization in Clear Fork watershed.
- OTHER USEFUL LINKS FOUND HERE